“To know Christ and to make Him known”
- To build healthy church community
- To bless the communities around
Vision – Being open to God’s leading through prayer, scripture and the Holy Spirit.
Grace – Demonstrating unconditional love, acceptance, respect and reality in relationships.
Transformation – Growing and developing individually and corporately in a supportive environment.
Oasis – To help hurting and broken lives find healing and wholeness.
The Churches of Christ began in the early 19th century and sought to restore the focus of the church to the Bible, and to work for Christian unity. They were part of the restoration movement. Today we number millions world-wide. “Not the only Christians but Christians only” said Founder – Alexander Campbell
In Tunbridge Wells:
The Church in Commercial Road has been situated here since 1877 when the building was completed.
It began when Mr Collyer, a coal merchant from Birmingham, started preaching on the Common, from his home and at Belgrave School in Goods Station Road.
Our Beliefs: As members of the Evangelical Alliance, The Free Church Federal Council, the Fellowship of the Churches of Christ and Churches for Tunbridge Wells, we affirm the following basis of faith.
We believe in:
- One God, Father, Creator and Preserver of all things, who made us in His image.
- One Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, who died in our place and rose again, and through which we are saved solely by grace.
- One Holy Spirit who empowers us and leads us to seek forgiveness – our comforter and helper.
- One Faith in Christ, under the authority of the whole Bible as the trustworthy and inspired word of God.
- One Baptism in obedience to God who would have all men saved.
- One Body – the Worldwide Church of Christ (all those who would truly follow Christ and be his disciples)
- One Hope of Christ’s return, a new heaven and earth, the judgement, resurrection of the dead and the life to come.